duminică, 28 ianuarie 2018

Dealing with Adversity - Contemporary stories

Dealing with Adversity
Contemporary stories

We have to deal with adversity on a regular basis. If we drive a car, we need to cope with aggressive, careless motorists.
Indeed, it can even be worse if one is cycling, as I am, after I drive and drop my daughter at the Lycee Francais, where I park my pickup truck and get on the bike to reach downtown, through some heavy traffic.

Fortunately, the majority of drivers do not have a problem with cyclists.
However, one is enough to send the biker to the hospital or even worse, never mind the tens that still treat a bike as an awkward, medieval object.

Especially on one of the avenues, Kisseleff, I have to Cope with the Adversity of women (Why??) and men drivers.
Even if the sidewalk is the place where many cars are parked (!!), there are no fewer than four lanes, the riding of bikes on the sidewalk in that area is disputed and the angry drivers have no problem breaking the law, speeding, talking on the phone and chauffeuring, still, they are mad to see someone cycling alongside:

-          How could this be??!
-          Get the fuck out of here!
-          Use the sidewalk imbecile!
-          Fuck you, idiot!

 That is the jest of it.
True, there are some yellow signs, which have been worn off for the most part, are anyway mostly occupied by cars, have been considered illegal from the very beginning, but they gave the impression anyway to many drivers that this is where cyclists belong.

Someone was telling me about the Highway built in Holland for the men and women using the bicycle as means of transportation.
The bicycle is not something special anymore, in civilized, advanced countries of the world.
Not to mention China.

Nevertheless, in my land, it is still strange to witness an attitude that is so retrograde, backward and arrogant.
It is like:

-          You do not have enough money to get a car, like me!
-          Poor, inferior being!
-          I can throw you to the ground anytime!
-          Care for you and your goddamn two-wheeler…are you shiting me?!

Strange and regrettable is the attitude of many women drivers.
This is where it could sound sexist for some.

However, I think it is the opposite:

-women are so much more sensitive, their EQ is generally so much higher than men’s are, with their tendency to be much more violent.
- On the whole, I see women as superior in most of the ways that count in the modern world- this is my view.

-          Alas, this means I have Great Expectations
In addition, when a woman driver acts like a man- violent, careless, aggressive, abusive and outright dangerous- I am really pissed off.

And reminded of a fragment in Louis CK’s standup act:

-people are into wild girls…they show their tities, etc.
Nevertheless, when Women are wild…they kill men!

A woman driver from the …French Embassy, no less, threw me from my bike to the ground!!

Furthermore, instead of expressing some regret, compassion…
She went on aggressively:

-          “Mais, quoi?!...allez vous…putain…quell bordel…merde”
-          Which is something like – shit, wtf…

Moreover, it was maddening!
Her registration plate??

Well, at the time it was a temporary thing with many numbers.
However, she replaced that soon and I could see her at the French Lycee

It is:

-          126 CD 03!!

This means she is a big shot or the wife of a big shot there
                I used to work with the American, British and other embassies, so I know…

I went to say to her that this was very wrong, after a few days, in the parking lot of their damn institution…
She was a degree better, no violent verbal abuse this time.

Overall, she was not sorry
Moreover, I will get more into this kind of attitude in the next

French Superiority episode of

Dealing with French Adversity

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu